1872012


8


I put the key in my locker and get my books out. “Are you allright?" Thomas asks suddenly. I lock my locker again, and there stands Thomas leaned at the lockers next to mine. "A little." I answered his question. "Have you heard from him again?" He asks. "He has sent me flowers with a card that said he was sorry." I say. Then suddenly I see Gregory walk past. He look to Thomas and his look is like he could murder him. I look at him and he looks at me. I hope he sees the hatred in my eyes. "Slut" he says quietly, so no one hears and only I am touched. But Thomas saw it too. I see the anger in his eyes, and before he does anything I drag him away. "Don’t, this is my problem." I tell him. Thomas looks frustrated and can’t stop his head. "He can’t hurt you like this." He says angrily. "I can handle it." I say reassuringly "No you can’t! don’t you see that." He puts his hands on my shoulders, shaking me back and forth as he says. "Go now to the police!" He almost shouts. People start to look like they already did not. "Thomas, relax. It will be all right." I try to reassure him that, but it is counterproductive and he starts talking louder "This is no fairy tale, Esther, where everything is always right. This is the real world!" He shakes me harder up and down. My math teacher walks past "Esther, does he bother you?" He asks. "No, no. Nothing wrong." I say and he walks on. "Thomas, you can stop now, please. I don’t want to think about it, okay?" I say as calmly as possible against him and I walk to my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment